Volume 3: early 1981
Introducing volume 3, Bruce and Andrew play a song from England about cassettes, then a sendup from Severed Heads, before reflecting on the magazine's career to date and following up on Pel Mel. This issue contains a solo home recording by a member of Serious Young Insects (who had a hit with 'Trouble Understanding Words' around then). A Laughing Hands interview focuses on instruments and equipment. A highlight is the interview with Gang of Four about pop music.
Click on track titles to play individual mp3s, or download the entire issue (100 Mb).
The artwork for this issue was a two-sided poster.
- Excitement Pathetix - 'The Age Of The Fun Cassette'
- Artificial Organs - 'Situation Normal'
- Laughing Hands interview
- Laughing Hands song
- Mark White - 'Dream About Fun'
- AEIOU - 'Last Surfer'
- The Couch - 'By the Author of Psycho'
- interview with Gang of Four
- The Particles - '(Bits Of) Wood'