Volume 10: March 1982
The 10th volume of Fast Forward - the first of 1982 - continued the tradition of combining local and international interviews and music. This issue features Australian bands Mental As Anything, Plays With Marionettes, Fabulous Marquises, and the Birthday Party, as well as internationals Laurie Anderson and the Clash. Other highlights include an interview with the founders of the M-Squared label, and a very early version of Sydney band Upside-Down House under the name "With a Lie". There's a send-up of heavy metal and AC-DC reflecting the anti-rock attitude of the time.
Click on track titles to play individual mp3s, or download the entire issue (190 Mb).
The accompanying print zine is full of information - click on the thumbnails below to read full size.
- Fast Forward Intro
- The Chemicals - 'Landing Strip'
- Mental As Anything - 'Golfshoes'
- Greedy Smith 'lamb athenian' skit
- Mark Lane - 'Reflection'
- M-Squared Records interview
- With a Lie - 'What Poison!'
- Human Backs - 'Kettle of Fish'
- Plays With Marionettes - 'Kelter Kelter' live at Seaview Ballroom
- Plays With Marionettes interview
- Drop Bears - 'Fun Loving'
- Our Fab Heavy Metal Chart
- Johnny Topper - 'The Case of the Missing Leave it to Beaver'
- Fattish Fetishists - 'Slapping Flesh'
- Kosmo Vinyl / Clash interview
- Thealonian Music - 'Patty and Cathy in Greenland'
- Phil Perkins - 'Este's Request'
- Laurie Anderson interview
- Jumbo Zen - 'Self Contained'
- The Fabulous Marquises - 'Young Turks'
- 'Battle of Bacillus' part 2
- Birthday Party interview
- The New 5 - 'No Emotion'
- Mr Badass subscription rap